Injuries and more
Hello and sorry for lack of blogs,
I'll start from the beginning. On Wednsday morning, shortly after I'd got in to work, Joanna phoned me, very upset. She'd fallen over on the steps outside our door and done her leg in. I rushed home, where she was looking after Elijah, to find her sat on a chair downstairs, not able to walk, and Elijah stood at the bottom of the stairs doing our hand sign for hurting and saying 'mamma, mamma ...' Clearly upset and clearly telling me I needed to fix his mummy ...
Well, nothing is broken but Joannas knee is very swollen and I had to take the last couple of days off work to look after her and the boys. Joanna is slowly recovering but being stubborn as ever and refusing to go to see the doctor ... the swelling is going down but she still struggles to walk and can't drive ... so I'll be picking the boys up later on, dropping them off at home, then going back to work ... if she's up for taking care of them ... this wouldn't be such a problem if we didn't live on three floors with narrow, steep steps ...
Other things, I'm going to a gig tonight to see a band called 'Entombed'. They are a finnish death metal band who were popular 15 years ago within that certain circle of music fans ... I was never a huge fan of theirs but they were decent enough. I'm going more cos alot of my old band mates are going so it's more for the social aspect, really ... Then Menn Ársins have got a gig as well tonight at Café Aroma, Hafnarfjörður. Be there or be square!
I regularly update this blog with complaints about things that I find wrong with the system, the society and life in general. I rarely, if ever, complete these blogs with any ideas of how things could possibly be improved. It's easy to point to the problem but more difficult to find solutions. So I'm laying down a new law ... if I moan about stuff, I also have to find ways to better that same stuff, cos if I can't find ways of bettering things, I should accept things the way that they are. This is all part of my journey to become a better person.
By the way, I'm still sticking to the running. Got one more day of the current first step (run 60 secs then walk 90 secs ... repeat 8 times) and then next week I'm on to the next step (run 90 secs then walk 3 min ... repeat 6 times). I know ... it starts out really slowly but as I stated in my last post ... I have to stick to it. At some point it will get much harder very fast and I need to be physically and mentally prepared for that.
Love you all!
I'll start from the beginning. On Wednsday morning, shortly after I'd got in to work, Joanna phoned me, very upset. She'd fallen over on the steps outside our door and done her leg in. I rushed home, where she was looking after Elijah, to find her sat on a chair downstairs, not able to walk, and Elijah stood at the bottom of the stairs doing our hand sign for hurting and saying 'mamma, mamma ...' Clearly upset and clearly telling me I needed to fix his mummy ...
Well, nothing is broken but Joannas knee is very swollen and I had to take the last couple of days off work to look after her and the boys. Joanna is slowly recovering but being stubborn as ever and refusing to go to see the doctor ... the swelling is going down but she still struggles to walk and can't drive ... so I'll be picking the boys up later on, dropping them off at home, then going back to work ... if she's up for taking care of them ... this wouldn't be such a problem if we didn't live on three floors with narrow, steep steps ...
Other things, I'm going to a gig tonight to see a band called 'Entombed'. They are a finnish death metal band who were popular 15 years ago within that certain circle of music fans ... I was never a huge fan of theirs but they were decent enough. I'm going more cos alot of my old band mates are going so it's more for the social aspect, really ... Then Menn Ársins have got a gig as well tonight at Café Aroma, Hafnarfjörður. Be there or be square!
I regularly update this blog with complaints about things that I find wrong with the system, the society and life in general. I rarely, if ever, complete these blogs with any ideas of how things could possibly be improved. It's easy to point to the problem but more difficult to find solutions. So I'm laying down a new law ... if I moan about stuff, I also have to find ways to better that same stuff, cos if I can't find ways of bettering things, I should accept things the way that they are. This is all part of my journey to become a better person.
By the way, I'm still sticking to the running. Got one more day of the current first step (run 60 secs then walk 90 secs ... repeat 8 times) and then next week I'm on to the next step (run 90 secs then walk 3 min ... repeat 6 times). I know ... it starts out really slowly but as I stated in my last post ... I have to stick to it. At some point it will get much harder very fast and I need to be physically and mentally prepared for that.
Love you all!


1 Comments:
put my comment under the wrong entry..see below! sorry all!!
Post a Comment
<< Home