How to skin(ny) a cat ... don't be so crude, Tóti!
Hello all,
Hope you had a good weekend. Ours was quite eventful. On Saturday evening Kleópatra, whom I wrote about in the last blog, went missing :-( This of course called forth a great deal of sadness in the household and although I am not as emotionally attatched to the two ladies as other members of my family it made me sad to see everyone so upset. I walked the streets around our house until it got dark on Saturday night but there are a million gardens, rock walls, bushes, holes etc. that a cat can disappear into if it wants to, never to be seen again.
Sunday morning we all went for an even longer walk covering an even bigger radius but to no avail. We weren't hopeful but decided not to spend the whole day inside moping about as the weather was so lovely.
As we were getting ready to go somebody knocked on the door. It was Sigríður, who ownes the cat shelter that we rescued the cats from. Kleópatra had been picked up, literally outside our back door, and handed in at the shelter. Somebody had seen her and how skinny she looked and handed her in, possibly thinking that she was being neglected. To that person I want to say: 'Why didn't you ring the phone number that is on her collar first, you lemon?' It would have saved us, and Kleópatra, alot of distress!
She was worse for wear after an eventful night and as she is very poorly it's the last thing she needs. That said, at the shelter they injected her with 60 milligrams of some much needed fluid and seemed happy that we didn't take her to the vets but just let her plod on, one day at a time ... so, she's not in pain and possibly this adventure saved her life as we are reconsidering the trip to the vets for the final journey. Her collar now says: 'I am ill, I live at ******* ****' and then she's got another collar on that has our phone numbers on ... then just yesterday, as she was sat outside our garden, a lady stopped and just stood and stared at her ... I had to go out and explain that she was poorly ... you have to see her to realise how skinny she is, she is litterally a walking skeleton ... but she's content and comfortable ...
So, if you find a really skinny Siamese cat in Vesturbær, Reykjavík ... it's our Kleópatra ... and your probably standing in our garden so 'get off our property and leave the cat alone' ... uhmm ... sorry ... what I meant to say was just ring the number on the collar and we'll come and pick her up ... she's not neglected, she's ill ...
Peace man
Hope you had a good weekend. Ours was quite eventful. On Saturday evening Kleópatra, whom I wrote about in the last blog, went missing :-( This of course called forth a great deal of sadness in the household and although I am not as emotionally attatched to the two ladies as other members of my family it made me sad to see everyone so upset. I walked the streets around our house until it got dark on Saturday night but there are a million gardens, rock walls, bushes, holes etc. that a cat can disappear into if it wants to, never to be seen again.
Sunday morning we all went for an even longer walk covering an even bigger radius but to no avail. We weren't hopeful but decided not to spend the whole day inside moping about as the weather was so lovely.
As we were getting ready to go somebody knocked on the door. It was Sigríður, who ownes the cat shelter that we rescued the cats from. Kleópatra had been picked up, literally outside our back door, and handed in at the shelter. Somebody had seen her and how skinny she looked and handed her in, possibly thinking that she was being neglected. To that person I want to say: 'Why didn't you ring the phone number that is on her collar first, you lemon?' It would have saved us, and Kleópatra, alot of distress!
She was worse for wear after an eventful night and as she is very poorly it's the last thing she needs. That said, at the shelter they injected her with 60 milligrams of some much needed fluid and seemed happy that we didn't take her to the vets but just let her plod on, one day at a time ... so, she's not in pain and possibly this adventure saved her life as we are reconsidering the trip to the vets for the final journey. Her collar now says: 'I am ill, I live at ******* ****' and then she's got another collar on that has our phone numbers on ... then just yesterday, as she was sat outside our garden, a lady stopped and just stood and stared at her ... I had to go out and explain that she was poorly ... you have to see her to realise how skinny she is, she is litterally a walking skeleton ... but she's content and comfortable ...
So, if you find a really skinny Siamese cat in Vesturbær, Reykjavík ... it's our Kleópatra ... and your probably standing in our garden so 'get off our property and leave the cat alone' ... uhmm ... sorry ... what I meant to say was just ring the number on the collar and we'll come and pick her up ... she's not neglected, she's ill ...
Peace man


1 Comments:
what ... no comment on this post ... i must be loosing my touch
Post a Comment
<< Home