Thursday, October 26, 2006

Don't visit Iceland

Elijah is going for his MMR jab today ... I'm a tad nervous. I hope that all will go well but the potential problems with it were just so widely publicized in England that you can't help but to worry. It's worth it though. The potential outcome of contracting a disease that could be prevented with it is certainly no better an option. I'm sure my little man will be fine.

As observant readers might have noticed I have changed my personal details and the slogan on this page to "Don't visit Iceland until they stop killing whales for individual profit." I feel strongly about this ... although my passion fades in comparison with my wife Joannas. I would like to urge anyone who reads this not to visit Iceland until they have ceased to kill whales. The hunters are aiming to sell their product in the Japanese market but the Norweigans have been trying to do that since 2001 and not succeeded. Japan slaughter their own whales, they don't need to import them! Let's hope it all goes pear shaped for the b******s as soon as possible and we can go back to whale watching, which is a magnificent experience. I can name plenty of other reasons not to visit Iceland but this is the biggy. There are plenty of reasons to visit Iceland as well but those things will be here for thousands if not millions of years ... so there is no rush.

On another note, we are still counting down the days until we go to England. Joanna has so far got four job interviews and I've got two. Hopefully one of us, if not both of us, will come back to Iceland, knowing that there is a job waiting when we move back to England permanently. Once those things are secure, we can seriously look at mortgage sizes and therefore do some proper house hunting. It's all fairly positive these days in the Freysson-Burton household.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home