Monday, October 23, 2006

Feeling low ...

Another weekend. Saturday morning me and Elijah went to see grandad Freyr who has got this throat virus that Elijah and Joanna had for such a long time ... and Joanna has still got. Then grandad looked after Elijah whilst I went to Joannas Saturday school and helped the kids write songs to the lyrics that they'd written. They all did really well. The rest of Saturday was a stay-at-home day ... after me and Jolyon had done the shopping, that is!

Sunday we chilled at home in the morning and then Jolyon and Joanna cycled to Kristján Geirs where Jolyon spent the whole of the afternoon. He enjoyed that. The rest of us stayed at home and just relaxed and played and walked outside and stuff.

Joannas' mood is low and the days seem to drag on for her. To me, six weeks, minus the one we're in England, doesn't seem like enough time to enjoy the company of my friends and family before I leave. Although enjoyment is hard to come by these days. I feel sad that I'll be leaving these people behind but due to the time needed at work and at home I can't seem to find the time to spend with them to say goodbye. There are people I'd like to say goodbye to in person but am unlikely to see before I go. I always enjoy playing the gigs though, it's just unfortunate that the bands rehersal trip to the middle of nowhere had to be cancelled ... that would have been fun!

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the six-weeks-minus-one, seem like six years to Joanna. Every day is the same. She sits alone at home waiting for everyone else to walk through the door. Even the weekends don't provide enjoyment any more. But you'll have to read more about that on her blog.

It's interesting how people cope with the same things in different ways. For me, playing sad songs on the guitar (or listening to them) is a way of getting sad feelings out of my system. I find it very calming and it injects me with some positive vibes. Joanna on the other hand finds this sort of music gets her even sadder. I think Jolyon feels the same way as Joanna. These days I get told off by the two of them for playing the guitar. I understand why. So, what do we do in a house where it doesn't matter where I am, the guitar can be heard throughout ... I don't play! I'll have to make do with the physical exercise ... I'll have to run the sad feelings out of me. I'll have to become tougher! Less sensitive artist and more hard-man ... or maybe find a good medium ...

'Hard-man' ... to anyone who knows me that description is about as accurate as if I were to describe a toaster as a big, fluffy, wardrobey looking kind of thing ...

I find myself increasingly seeking the outdoors. There are few things I enjoy more than getting wrapped up in three layers and going outside, despite it being under and around 0 degrees outside. Whether it's walking to work, from Jolyons school, with Elijah around the block or even just to the shop for something ... I'm always willing. The fresh air does me good and I need as much of 'does-me-good' as possible these days. We all do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home