Something to write home about
I waffled on for so long in my entry yesterday that I don't think I'll have anything else to say for three years now. Let me think ... I'm sure I can find something ...
I used to always pride myself in being a very peaceful and patient person. As I've grown older this has changed. I've definately become more aggressive and less patient. Lets start with the aggressive ...
Aggressive doesn't mean I get physically aggressive. I've actually never been in a proper fight in my life. I've never hit anyone and am quite proud of that fact. That's not to say I'm a pacifist. The definition of a pacifist is: "a person who believes in pacifism or is opposed to war or to violence of any kind." That means that if somebody came into your house and threatened your family you would still be opposed to using violence. I wouldn't ... in fact I would without a doubt use whatever violent means needed to get that same person away from my family or to disable their effectiveness to carry out any percieved threat. That is the change that I call becoming more aggressive. In my younger years I would have shied away from anything involving any sort of conflict, verbal or physical. These days I would take it on if I deemed it necessary. It rarely is. I am thankfully not one of those people who send out provocative vibes. I think that on the contrary I send out rather chilled vibes which have often served me well to calm down situations that otherwise could have gone a very different way. It's got me out of potentially violent situations without any violence being used, on my part or other peoples. Maybe this aggressiveness is another part of having other people to look out for. Maybe it's not aggressiveness, but preservation ... not for myself but for my loved ones.
Patience. I've definately got less of that. I think it ties in with the above. My patience was more a way of swallowing my pride and avoiding situations where I had to challenge people. So instead of asking: "Why are you three hours late?" I would say: "Don't worry 'bout being late, I didn't have any other plans anyway." So it wasn't patience ... it was wus-ness. Maybe I haven't got less patience ... maybe I've just got more pride ... or less time ... whatever ...
Jolyon is still doing okay at school. He had a party yesterday which went really well. That's two days in a row without any major incident. I stayed with him for the first 40 minutes today. It was computer class. His project was to write about something fun that happened this week. Jolyons paper was called, "MY MUM" in the biggest letters available. It started with the words: "I loved it when my mum tought me ..." referring to his home teaching. Ahhh ... he'll always be mummys little boy, just a very long practicing teenager mummys boy. That's just cool.
Elijah is doing well. He's just loving every day at Huldas and every day at home. His favorite thing now is to find someone in the family to chase him around the house and then throw himself on a cuhion or on the sofa screeching and laughing whilst being tickled. He also loves our cat Joy so much ... "Ahhhhh ..." he says and chases after her to give her a stroke and lay his head on her soft fur. She's very patient with him. Sometimes she'll even reach her head down to him if she's sat on something so he can reach her to give her a stroke.
See ... I told you I would find something to write about ... :-)
I used to always pride myself in being a very peaceful and patient person. As I've grown older this has changed. I've definately become more aggressive and less patient. Lets start with the aggressive ...
Aggressive doesn't mean I get physically aggressive. I've actually never been in a proper fight in my life. I've never hit anyone and am quite proud of that fact. That's not to say I'm a pacifist. The definition of a pacifist is: "a person who believes in pacifism or is opposed to war or to violence of any kind." That means that if somebody came into your house and threatened your family you would still be opposed to using violence. I wouldn't ... in fact I would without a doubt use whatever violent means needed to get that same person away from my family or to disable their effectiveness to carry out any percieved threat. That is the change that I call becoming more aggressive. In my younger years I would have shied away from anything involving any sort of conflict, verbal or physical. These days I would take it on if I deemed it necessary. It rarely is. I am thankfully not one of those people who send out provocative vibes. I think that on the contrary I send out rather chilled vibes which have often served me well to calm down situations that otherwise could have gone a very different way. It's got me out of potentially violent situations without any violence being used, on my part or other peoples. Maybe this aggressiveness is another part of having other people to look out for. Maybe it's not aggressiveness, but preservation ... not for myself but for my loved ones.
Patience. I've definately got less of that. I think it ties in with the above. My patience was more a way of swallowing my pride and avoiding situations where I had to challenge people. So instead of asking: "Why are you three hours late?" I would say: "Don't worry 'bout being late, I didn't have any other plans anyway." So it wasn't patience ... it was wus-ness. Maybe I haven't got less patience ... maybe I've just got more pride ... or less time ... whatever ...
Jolyon is still doing okay at school. He had a party yesterday which went really well. That's two days in a row without any major incident. I stayed with him for the first 40 minutes today. It was computer class. His project was to write about something fun that happened this week. Jolyons paper was called, "MY MUM" in the biggest letters available. It started with the words: "I loved it when my mum tought me ..." referring to his home teaching. Ahhh ... he'll always be mummys little boy, just a very long practicing teenager mummys boy. That's just cool.
Elijah is doing well. He's just loving every day at Huldas and every day at home. His favorite thing now is to find someone in the family to chase him around the house and then throw himself on a cuhion or on the sofa screeching and laughing whilst being tickled. He also loves our cat Joy so much ... "Ahhhhh ..." he says and chases after her to give her a stroke and lay his head on her soft fur. She's very patient with him. Sometimes she'll even reach her head down to him if she's sat on something so he can reach her to give her a stroke.
See ... I told you I would find something to write about ... :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home