RIP Kleó
Midway through writing my last blog I was stopped by a phonecall from Joanna saying she'd finally given in and could I take her to A&E. Turns out she's got some fluid behind her kneeshell. They've not stuck any needles or operated but she is sat at my parents house eating Brufen and enjoying life ... :-)
As I didn't finish the last blog I didn't get a chance to tell you all that said Kleópatra has passed away. She was buried in my grandmothers garden under a tree that I planted as a young boy. I kinda miss tripping over her in the kitchen ...
Went out for a long night on Friday. It started at the Reykjavík Pizza Company with old 'metal' friends, 'Porn-Shop' Árni, 'Wide' Nonni, 'Big' Rúnar and Fúsi (whom we call Fucifer). Yep, them and yours truly, the Toadster, went to see a finnish death metal band called Entombed. We all got geared up, bought T-shirts and stuff and hey-ho ... as I had a gig starting at midnight I had to leave at 11 and not even the support band had started then ... so I missed the whole thing! Met alot of people that I've not seen for a decade and a half though, which was fun. Joanna loves my Entombed T-shirt by the way ... not!
The gig I played with Menn Ársins that evening was a blast and much better than any death metal gig ever ... we had a great time ... I believe that my 'metal' friends ended up in a party with the finnish band at a strip club till eight in the morning so maybe it was a good thing that I, the married father of two, had other engagements that evening ... that's not really my bag!
Lots of love!
As I didn't finish the last blog I didn't get a chance to tell you all that said Kleópatra has passed away. She was buried in my grandmothers garden under a tree that I planted as a young boy. I kinda miss tripping over her in the kitchen ...
Went out for a long night on Friday. It started at the Reykjavík Pizza Company with old 'metal' friends, 'Porn-Shop' Árni, 'Wide' Nonni, 'Big' Rúnar and Fúsi (whom we call Fucifer). Yep, them and yours truly, the Toadster, went to see a finnish death metal band called Entombed. We all got geared up, bought T-shirts and stuff and hey-ho ... as I had a gig starting at midnight I had to leave at 11 and not even the support band had started then ... so I missed the whole thing! Met alot of people that I've not seen for a decade and a half though, which was fun. Joanna loves my Entombed T-shirt by the way ... not!
The gig I played with Menn Ársins that evening was a blast and much better than any death metal gig ever ... we had a great time ... I believe that my 'metal' friends ended up in a party with the finnish band at a strip club till eight in the morning so maybe it was a good thing that I, the married father of two, had other engagements that evening ... that's not really my bag!
Lots of love!


4 Comments:
The Icelandic word Hnéskel is put together from two words Hné (which means knee) and Skel (which means shell) ... hence my terrible english grammar kneeshell ... it's actually called a kneecap, isn't it ... sometimes I'm just such a foreigner ...
Great gig friday! Have to do more of that....:)
yo... Entombed is Swedish, not Finnish.
Sorry anonymous ... sometimes my typing is faster than my research ... sorry Entombed, I'm currently wearing the t-shirt though
Post a Comment
<< Home