Carless and carelessly couldn't care less.
Hello all,
Hope you had a good weekend. We had a great one. On Saturday Joanna and Jolyon went to the Mother Tongue school for the second time and although Joanna finds it hard going Jolyon enjoyed it. Me and Elijah went to visit amma Kristín and grandad Freyr which is always fun. Elijah got spoilt whilst my dad and I fixed the beast ... the fan belt needed tightening ... that's father-son time for three generations in one day. Jolyon then went to see my cousin Kristján Geir, who is just a couple of weeks younger than Jolyon and Elijah got some mummy-and-daddy time.
On Sunday we all went swimming in the morning ... oh, how Elijahs' face lit up when we got in the pool! He had a big smile :-) stuck on his face the whole time, screeching and laughing. Jolyon enjoyed the pool, which we'd not tried before, and it had a great slide. In the afternoon Kristján Geir came to our house and him and Jolyon had another good couple of hours together. Jolyon then got some mummy-son time outside playing football whilst I got Elijah into bed. By the time he was due some daddy-son time with a game of football before bed he was so tired he couldn't make it and decided to watch T.V. instead.
All this talking about what we've been up to and not complaining about life makes this sound like a proper diary entry! It must mean things are fairly settled at the moment. The phone guy is coming today so hopefully we'll be on-line by tonight ... that means blogs from home ... yeah ... if Joanna lets me ... she's got some internet time to make up, big style ... he, he ...
Got no car today as the Beast is in the garage having the front windshield replaced. It was hit by a rock ages ago when Joanna was driving from Garður to Reykjavík last spring and got a big, round crack in it. Finally getting it sorted now! It just wasn't that high on the priority list amongst nursing licences, residence permits and house sales! Once that's done the beast is in top condition and ready to sell ... that's my next job, I guess. I've made us homeless ... now I'm going to make us carless ... no, not careless, carless ...
Still running, still enjoying it. Today starts the fourth week of my nine week programme. I'm actually at a stage I've never been before ... that is, thinking about what to do once I've finished the programme. By the end of it I should be comfortably running 30 minutes three times a week. I think I might stick to that for a while before trying harder. I'm not training for a marathon anyway, just doing it for better mental and physical health. I've started to notice stomach muscles coming through ... calm yourself ladies, I've still got a pigeon chest ... I also feel better mentally and it has helped me in these slightly stressful times of preparing to leave friends and family behind whilst trying to support my wife and children with all the struggles they've been going through. A big thanks to Debs, because sometimes a girl needs to talk to her girlfriend, not her husband friend ...
That reminds me. Joanna is slightly worried about me. You see, recently, with all this healthy stuff ... I couldn't help but to become slightly obsessive, so I started reading up on mens grooming. Joanna started getting worried when I quizzed her about the use of cleansers, toner and moisteriser etc. Next thing you know I'll be asking to borrow her makeup and insisting she calls me queen Tóti! But first I need to figure out ... do you shave before or after you use the toner ... I can never remember ... Hey, I'm getting older and need to take better care of myself ...
Love
Hope you had a good weekend. We had a great one. On Saturday Joanna and Jolyon went to the Mother Tongue school for the second time and although Joanna finds it hard going Jolyon enjoyed it. Me and Elijah went to visit amma Kristín and grandad Freyr which is always fun. Elijah got spoilt whilst my dad and I fixed the beast ... the fan belt needed tightening ... that's father-son time for three generations in one day. Jolyon then went to see my cousin Kristján Geir, who is just a couple of weeks younger than Jolyon and Elijah got some mummy-and-daddy time.
On Sunday we all went swimming in the morning ... oh, how Elijahs' face lit up when we got in the pool! He had a big smile :-) stuck on his face the whole time, screeching and laughing. Jolyon enjoyed the pool, which we'd not tried before, and it had a great slide. In the afternoon Kristján Geir came to our house and him and Jolyon had another good couple of hours together. Jolyon then got some mummy-son time outside playing football whilst I got Elijah into bed. By the time he was due some daddy-son time with a game of football before bed he was so tired he couldn't make it and decided to watch T.V. instead.
All this talking about what we've been up to and not complaining about life makes this sound like a proper diary entry! It must mean things are fairly settled at the moment. The phone guy is coming today so hopefully we'll be on-line by tonight ... that means blogs from home ... yeah ... if Joanna lets me ... she's got some internet time to make up, big style ... he, he ...
Got no car today as the Beast is in the garage having the front windshield replaced. It was hit by a rock ages ago when Joanna was driving from Garður to Reykjavík last spring and got a big, round crack in it. Finally getting it sorted now! It just wasn't that high on the priority list amongst nursing licences, residence permits and house sales! Once that's done the beast is in top condition and ready to sell ... that's my next job, I guess. I've made us homeless ... now I'm going to make us carless ... no, not careless, carless ...
Still running, still enjoying it. Today starts the fourth week of my nine week programme. I'm actually at a stage I've never been before ... that is, thinking about what to do once I've finished the programme. By the end of it I should be comfortably running 30 minutes three times a week. I think I might stick to that for a while before trying harder. I'm not training for a marathon anyway, just doing it for better mental and physical health. I've started to notice stomach muscles coming through ... calm yourself ladies, I've still got a pigeon chest ... I also feel better mentally and it has helped me in these slightly stressful times of preparing to leave friends and family behind whilst trying to support my wife and children with all the struggles they've been going through. A big thanks to Debs, because sometimes a girl needs to talk to her girlfriend, not her husband friend ...
That reminds me. Joanna is slightly worried about me. You see, recently, with all this healthy stuff ... I couldn't help but to become slightly obsessive, so I started reading up on mens grooming. Joanna started getting worried when I quizzed her about the use of cleansers, toner and moisteriser etc. Next thing you know I'll be asking to borrow her makeup and insisting she calls me queen Tóti! But first I need to figure out ... do you shave before or after you use the toner ... I can never remember ... Hey, I'm getting older and need to take better care of myself ...
Love


1 Comments:
All of Joannas friends deserve thank you's ... it's just that I had one particular phonecall in mind when I mentioned Debs.
Post a Comment
<< Home