Thankful I'm not a muslim ...
My family and I are having a hard time finding a place to settle in this world. The options we have tried so far are two: Britain, where we feel our children aren't safe from an ever-worsening world and Iceland, where my family isn't welcome as far as the government is concerned ... so we're moving back to Britain, despite the percieved risks. But ... I can't really complain ... if I were a muslim, what would my life be like?
In Iceland: I wouldn't be any more welcome than my british born family is, probably less as I would likely not come from an EEA country (not that that has done us any good).
In Britain: My children would face a constant risk of hate crime and racial abuse.
In America: I could be jailed indefinately without a trial and be tortured as a routine matter.
In Iraqi Kurdistan: I may have relatives or friends among the 500,000 to one million people murdered in Operation Al-Anfal, "The Spoils of War"
In Iran: The Muslim scholar Hashem Aghajari was sentenced to death for “insulting Islam” after questioning the Shi’ite Iranian regime’s hard-line interpretation of the religion.
In Egypt: Amnesty International reports widespread tortures and detentions without trial. (Just like living in America then!)
In Jordan: The State Security Court this week sentenced three journalists to prison terms for blaspheming the Prophet Muhammad. (They published an account of the Prophet’s marriages and sex life based on Sahih Bukhari, a collection of traditions about Muhammad that Muslims generally consider to be the most reliable such collection in existence). Blasphemy non-the-less!
I could go on and on but the whole fact of the matter is that as a muslim, one must feel particularly unwelcome in the whole of the world. I know what that feels like in one country but can't imagine what it feels like on such a large scale. Hats off to those who stick to it due to their beliefs ... says the atheist!
Some people (Bush) would be tempted to say at this point that this situation is due to hard-line Islamists 'spoiling' it for the true islamists ... I don't buy that ... not 100% anyway ... I believe that alot of the terror threats are real but alot of the surrounding charade is political spin ... coming mainly from America through American 'free-press' which is fundamentally government controled anyway ... think about it ... power (government) = money = control (media) ... it's the single best way to brainwash people and any government that doesn't use it, is just not thinking straight ... Why, for instance, do we get regular news stories about this and that video with Usama Bin Laden (thats the spelling on the FBI most wanted list) and others appearing on an (undisclosed) Al-Qaeda website, yet I've never and don't know anyone who has actually seen these websites. The links never come with the news reports. I've tried to look for them but can't find anything remotely similar ... nope, I cannot find one Al-Qaeda website ...
It makes you wonder ... where is the real threat coming from? Clue: I'm thinking of a House ... and it's White ...
In Iceland: I wouldn't be any more welcome than my british born family is, probably less as I would likely not come from an EEA country (not that that has done us any good).
In Britain: My children would face a constant risk of hate crime and racial abuse.
In America: I could be jailed indefinately without a trial and be tortured as a routine matter.
In Iraqi Kurdistan: I may have relatives or friends among the 500,000 to one million people murdered in Operation Al-Anfal, "The Spoils of War"
In Iran: The Muslim scholar Hashem Aghajari was sentenced to death for “insulting Islam” after questioning the Shi’ite Iranian regime’s hard-line interpretation of the religion.
In Egypt: Amnesty International reports widespread tortures and detentions without trial. (Just like living in America then!)
In Jordan: The State Security Court this week sentenced three journalists to prison terms for blaspheming the Prophet Muhammad. (They published an account of the Prophet’s marriages and sex life based on Sahih Bukhari, a collection of traditions about Muhammad that Muslims generally consider to be the most reliable such collection in existence). Blasphemy non-the-less!
I could go on and on but the whole fact of the matter is that as a muslim, one must feel particularly unwelcome in the whole of the world. I know what that feels like in one country but can't imagine what it feels like on such a large scale. Hats off to those who stick to it due to their beliefs ... says the atheist!
Some people (Bush) would be tempted to say at this point that this situation is due to hard-line Islamists 'spoiling' it for the true islamists ... I don't buy that ... not 100% anyway ... I believe that alot of the terror threats are real but alot of the surrounding charade is political spin ... coming mainly from America through American 'free-press' which is fundamentally government controled anyway ... think about it ... power (government) = money = control (media) ... it's the single best way to brainwash people and any government that doesn't use it, is just not thinking straight ... Why, for instance, do we get regular news stories about this and that video with Usama Bin Laden (thats the spelling on the FBI most wanted list) and others appearing on an (undisclosed) Al-Qaeda website, yet I've never and don't know anyone who has actually seen these websites. The links never come with the news reports. I've tried to look for them but can't find anything remotely similar ... nope, I cannot find one Al-Qaeda website ...
It makes you wonder ... where is the real threat coming from? Clue: I'm thinking of a House ... and it's White ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home