Monday, October 09, 2006

That b****y knee

Elijahs' childminder phoned. He's been sick and is feeling very poorly today. Joanna has gone to pick him up. Poor baby lad ...

A while back I wrote about going out running and then limping for days afterwards. Let's go back to that one. Our next door but one neighbour in Mossley, England and another guy that lived a few doors down used to go out running regularly. For whatever reason, I asked if I could come with them. So I went and through my obsessive stubbornness I was intent on running the same amount as them ... they'd been running for years ... I'd been watching TV. After a while my knee started to hurt. Through that same SILLY obsessive stubborness, I didn't stop. I did give up at some point though and limped for days after. For a long time I couln't run at all cos I could feel it in my knee straight away. I haven't had a problem with this since starting my running ... until today ...

I decided to do the 20 minute run I'd missed last week and forgo the 'easy' run that I would have otherwise done today. Mistake! After about 16 minutes I could feel my knee. Oh, no, thinks me. I keep going for a while but as I start to feel it more I decide not to make the same mistake again and stopped. I managed 18 minutes. This is very dissapointing I have to say. I was gutted. But during my walk back I decided that all it meant is that progress will from now on not be as quick as initially intended and I'll have to adjust the programme to suit this unforeseen eventuality. It probably didn't help that I hadn't run for 5 days for reasons stated earlier. Anyway ... tomorrow will be a rest day and then we'll see how it goes on Wednesday. I think my mission now will be to reach the 20 minute mark with an uninjured knee. The knee is fine now, by the way ... I don't expect to be limping and I made sure I stretched after todays run ... something I sometimes forget ... or just don't do!

Here's hoping my family get better soon :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home