Wednesday, November 08, 2006

England report

Hello folks,

Nice to write to you all again. I feel like I should write a really long entry as they've all been rather short this last week ... but you all know why. Before I start, you should click on this. It's Menn Ársins, the band I have been in whilst here in Iceland. At the moment there are three of the original songs on there, unfortunately not with me playing the bass, but they're great songs nontheless.

England went well. Joanna has got a job that she's really looking forward to. In fact she was offered two and probably three jobs so she left out her last interview. When we came back to Iceland there were invites to two more interviews for her. And she was worried about not getting a job ... I always knew she would and I always told her she would. It's great news and she should be so pleased with herself.

I went to three interviews and wasn't quite so lucky. I got too cocky and big headed and didn't bother reading up on stuff before my interviews. I can do the jobs, cos I've done them before, but I was too self assured, never having really failed an interview before, properly. And maybe I didn't want the jobs enough? Anyway this little knock to my self confidence can only be a good thing. We've got more of an idea what sort of job would fit in with what we think will be our initial routine in England and so I am taking it more seriously now.

The job I really want is as a Police Officer. I have applied in a certain area but these applications can take months and if they are accepted I've still got tests and assessments to got through before having any chance. And if I don't get in the first time I have to wait 6 months before applying again. So ... this is more of a long term plan, once we are all settled in. In the mean time I hope to get a part time job that will give me further experience relevant to the role of a Police Officer as well as enabling me to spend time with my boys and do all the school runs etc. I get to be the house-husband for a while (or house-wife as my father-in-law calls it!). Ideally I want to work three to four nights a week ... that would be great!

It was also great spending some time with Rita and Brian and I know the boys loved it. Six people in a house is alot but we all get along very well and had a great time. Lit a bonfire on bonfire night and Rita and Brians neighbours, Pauline, Jenny and Angel (who is Jolyons age) came over to visit. Jolyon also went to stay at his new school for a couple of hours and was really pleased ... wanted to start straight away he told me! The next steps are to find a house and a nursery for Elijah. Jolyons school has got a nursery which takes kids in at age two and a half as long as they are out of nappies but we need something until then to let him mingle with other kids.

Anyway, the next three weeks should be business as usual until the weekend, then Debs comes to visit. After that we have movers in, cats moving out, some nights at my parents and then flying away to england. Oh, by the way, if anyone wants to buy a beast* in top condition, it is still for sale!

*The Beast is our 2000 Izuzu Trooper 3.0TD 7 seater, automatic four wheel drive, driven only 119.000 km, loved every inch of the way :-). MOT (Skoðun) until March 2007 and all insurance paid and up to date.

We love you all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home