Friday, November 10, 2006

A Short Story

Chapter One

Sometimes when I write these entries I go on about stuff that I don't really know that much about, gathering information off the internet as I go along. This is never a 100% full proof way of gathering facts, but then again, is there a full proof way? I try and use websites that I trust or that seem trustworthy as far as reporting facts go. Then I try and mold my own opinion as clearly as possible based on these facts.

Other times I get my facts from people making fun of the facts ... I'm mainly thinking of one person ... Jon Stewart of the Daily Show. The Daily Show is a programme on Comedy Central in America which features this comedian, Mr. Stewart, and sometimes guests. His chosen issues are current affairs, mainly political. Now, I've never actually seen a full Daily Show programme but have found an immense number of clips on YouTube, where they go almost immediately after being aired in the U.S. This programme is worth having a look at if you are into people making fun of president Bush and the state of the world.

I know that in reality there is nothing funny about the plight of the Iraqi people, but one finds ways of coping with these brutalities ... my way is black humour ... which is unjustifiable as I am not even in Iraq. But it's the same option that a lot of people who are stuck in Iraq, or in any war for that matter, turn to.

Chapter Two

There are times when I reflect on my teenage years and my early twenties and think, 'If only I knew then what I know now.' Then I wonder if, in twenty years time, I will look back at all these entries I've written and say, 'If only I knew then what I know now,' and feel embarrassed about writing such a load of nonsense. Can't tell the future though, can you?

I think one of my best qualities is my ability to put myself in other peoples shoes. That's why I was so darn good working in the mental health care field. There is a group of people that I struggle to do this with, that is older people. I find that the knowledge and experience they have gained, simply through having been on this earth longer than me, makes it difficult for me to know what they are thinking or how they see things. This is purely because I haven't been here long enough to gain their wisdom. It's something worth considering next time you get the chance to really sit down with someone who has lived life. Become a sponge, soak up the experience.

Chapter 3

I've discovered a new poetic truth about myself! (This happens approximately every other week and I feel a great need to share it with someone ... this time you are my victims). Here goes ... 'Life is a drive and I'm constantly looking in the rear view mirror!' ... what do you think? This is my way of explaining that I focus far too much on the past. Problem is that when you constantly look in the rear view mirror, you regularly crash, stall and miss what is in front of you. I need to look forward (front window) whilst focusing on the present (inside the car, steering, changing gear etc). That's pretty simple and cool isn't it ... what kind of life driver are you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tóti Freysson said...

This is a test comment because people have been having trouble with leaving comments on here ...

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home