Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Fluffy Pink Butcher Bunny

Yaaaahooooo!!!! We've finally got the internet at home! You can all send Joanna e-mails till your fingers melt now, she's so pleased. Seriously though, this will make it so much easier for her to get her work for school done, no excuses now, darling!

Yesterday was spent recovering after Mondays running and stuff. Can't believe I could still feel my muscles slightly ache after that pee-wee-herman-of-a-run ... I'm ashamed of myself. Still, another run after work today ... or maybe not till later on. It's International evening at Jolyon's school tonight so last night we all baked shortbread (cos we needed to bring something english-ish to school) and Joanna is going to do a little talk about England. My parents are looking after Elijah for us and it should be good fun.

Last night Joanna went on a course, related to her teaching, called 'positive discipline'. This course is on again tonight and I'll be going after Jolyons school evening. This should help me get through Saturday morning because I'll be helping Joanna with her class. I'm supposed to show up with a guitar and help the kids write a song. They've got two lines and need to think of the next two themselves. The two lines they've got are:

As soon as Wolf began to feel
that he could use a decent meal

I was thinking of something like:

He went down to the butcher shop
and placed the butchers head on the block

But then I realised that poetry like that isn't really good for 9-11 year olds.

"What did you learn at Saturday school today, Edmund?"
"The wolf came into the shop and decapitated the owner and ate his insides raw, mummy!"

Uhm ... not ideal ... I think something more along the lines of:

He rang his friend the fluffy pink bunny
and they had some toast, it was ever so yummy

That's expensive poetry, isn't it ... hmmm ... I really don't know ... I do know this though, shop and block as well as bunny and yummy, don't actually rhyme ...

Peace, man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home