Positive Paris pops to Paris ... possibly!?
We live in a beautiful world ... but it's all going to pot ... the proof is in the celebrity gossip columns! Paris Hilton was told they speak french in Haiti, "Then I can nip to Paris for the weekend while I'm there." BEEEEEEP ... wrong answer! Naomi Campell not turning up to court for allegedly throwing her mobile phone at her housekeeper ... will she be punished? No! Will she buy justice? Yes! Will the housekeeper feel better? No, but she won't say anything cos it'll be settled with an 'undisclosed' amount of money ... what happened to pride ... what happened to ' ... and justice for all ...'? Not the Metallica album, no, the concept. And of course the biggest question is: How sad is Tóti Freysson for keeping abreast of such unimportant matters? Answers:
A. He just likes to know stuff
B. Pretty sad, really
C. Certified sadman
I went to a very interesting course yesterday, a bit of an eye opener. It was called 'Positive Discipline' and was all about raising children, dealing with children in a classroom etc. I thought I was a really good father coming in to become an even better father. I left thinking I was a pretty rubbish father and had a long journey ahead of me to become a better one. I should have known that from the start really just by reading the title, 'Positive Discipline'. Positive is not the first thing that springs to mind where my personality is concerned. You just have to read a few of these blogs to get that vibe. Discipline is something I'm not good at because ... well, because I'm not good at it. I don't enjoy disciplining. The jist of it is that, as I already knew, My thought processes are very black and white. I see the things that my children do as either right or wrong, good or bad ... I don't tend to delve deeply enough into the matter ... what lies behind 'bad' behaviour, what lies behind 'good' behaviour. It's not because I can't, 'cos actually I'm naturally very sensitive towards how others are feeling and to underlying issues. It's just that I don't ... or for some reason that sensitivity is switched off when it comes to my children. Maybe because I care even more I get more upset when things go wrong and just start whittering on and telling them off rather than taking ten seconds to breathe and first give them a chance to explain. Don't get me wrong ... I don't shout, stomp about or slam doors ... I just don't always listen but expect them to sit and listen to me whitter on ... this is the habit I've got to break ... sooooo ... a new journey is at hand, on the horizon ... I guess I'll be taking you all with me. And to rub it all in, Joanna is doing a great job of raising her children ... she's the picture perfect mum ... but I knew that too, anyway. It just showed me how our methods of raising our children are poles apart ... good news is, there's nothing wrong with the boys ... it's me ...
Running tonight as I couldn't go last night due to other engagements. That'll be the second run of the week and I can then do the third one on Saturday.
Today is a black day for the Icelandic environment. Today they have closed the damn at Kárahnúkavirkjun which I wrote about a while back and the lagoon is filling up as we speak ... despite protests from various pressure groups and individuals. That's alot of plant and birdlife being lost today ... and alot of beautiful countryside going under water. :-(
Love you all ...
A. He just likes to know stuff
B. Pretty sad, really
C. Certified sadman
I went to a very interesting course yesterday, a bit of an eye opener. It was called 'Positive Discipline' and was all about raising children, dealing with children in a classroom etc. I thought I was a really good father coming in to become an even better father. I left thinking I was a pretty rubbish father and had a long journey ahead of me to become a better one. I should have known that from the start really just by reading the title, 'Positive Discipline'. Positive is not the first thing that springs to mind where my personality is concerned. You just have to read a few of these blogs to get that vibe. Discipline is something I'm not good at because ... well, because I'm not good at it. I don't enjoy disciplining. The jist of it is that, as I already knew, My thought processes are very black and white. I see the things that my children do as either right or wrong, good or bad ... I don't tend to delve deeply enough into the matter ... what lies behind 'bad' behaviour, what lies behind 'good' behaviour. It's not because I can't, 'cos actually I'm naturally very sensitive towards how others are feeling and to underlying issues. It's just that I don't ... or for some reason that sensitivity is switched off when it comes to my children. Maybe because I care even more I get more upset when things go wrong and just start whittering on and telling them off rather than taking ten seconds to breathe and first give them a chance to explain. Don't get me wrong ... I don't shout, stomp about or slam doors ... I just don't always listen but expect them to sit and listen to me whitter on ... this is the habit I've got to break ... sooooo ... a new journey is at hand, on the horizon ... I guess I'll be taking you all with me. And to rub it all in, Joanna is doing a great job of raising her children ... she's the picture perfect mum ... but I knew that too, anyway. It just showed me how our methods of raising our children are poles apart ... good news is, there's nothing wrong with the boys ... it's me ...
Running tonight as I couldn't go last night due to other engagements. That'll be the second run of the week and I can then do the third one on Saturday.
Today is a black day for the Icelandic environment. Today they have closed the damn at Kárahnúkavirkjun which I wrote about a while back and the lagoon is filling up as we speak ... despite protests from various pressure groups and individuals. That's alot of plant and birdlife being lost today ... and alot of beautiful countryside going under water. :-(
Love you all ...


1 Comments:
you are a fantastic dad and we love you loads..and we don't mind tooo much when you witter on...I'm glad you went to the positive disciplne thing, cos I think it helped you understand where I am coming from re discipline etc..and it will help you be a better dad..and hopefully a fantastic teacher on saturday as its your lesson..(did I mention that??!!);-)
Post a Comment
<< Home