Can't play my bass 'cos its got more than 31 frets ...
Good morning!
An early morning start again! I can't blog from home at the moment, which is why there aren't any blogs during weekends, as our phone connection hasn't been sorted, but the phone company promises it'll be today ... we shall see!
It's been a good weekend. On Saturday we walked to my friends' Svenni and had some coffee and cake there. Him and his finnish partner have got a little baby girl, she's 10 months old and she's lovely. Clearly the centre of her parents universe. After cake we walked into town and watched the gay pride festival. The boys enjoyed it and I think Elijah didn't know what hit him as it was in full swing when he woke up. It was seriously crowded in town and two couples with two prams and a nine year old could not all walk back together so Svenni and co. went home and me, Joanna and the boys walked back to our house. It's great living in town ...!
Saturday night was party time! The band, Menn Ársins, played at Café Aroma in Hafnarfjörður. It felt good getting back behind the bass and playing some good music ... I'm clearly out of practice though because my fingers were still a bit tender the next day. The gig before this one I tried using the fretted bass but switched back to the fretless this time, as it just sounds so much better with this band.
Sunday was spent emptying my dads garage, then refilling it with even more stuff. Our house is now becoming liveable in but my dads garage is bursting at the seams, it is so full. Was going to put together a shed that I bought on Friday evening but it didn't come with any assembly instructions so I will have another attempt one of these evenings, now that I've got myself a picture of it fully built.
I learned something new this weekend about naming regulations in Iceland. I mean the fact that we have a three person committee deciding what people can name their children and what not just shows what a nanny state this really is. Anyway, If you are Icelandic and your partner is not and:
a) your child is born in Iceland, it must have at least one Icelandic name within its' name.
b) your child is born abroad, you don't need an Icelandic name at all.
That's all silly in itself, but the silliest guideline is that names must not have more than 31 digits! Where did they get that from!? Why 31!? That's madness!? F*** is it to anyone how many digits my childs name has!? Silly ... I'd still have been alright with the name my dad wanted to give me which was Frosti, short for 'Frostaveturinn mikli 1918-1919'. That would then translate as Frosty, short for The Great Frosty Winter of 1918-1919.' Only just made it in english with 31 digits ... I wonder if you can use dashes and numbers ... do the dashes count as digits? ... Do you count the spaces ...? If I'd have known this sooner, Elijahs name would have had 32 digits in it ... I wonder if their computer freezes anytime they input more than 31 digits in the name field?
Tóti
An early morning start again! I can't blog from home at the moment, which is why there aren't any blogs during weekends, as our phone connection hasn't been sorted, but the phone company promises it'll be today ... we shall see!
It's been a good weekend. On Saturday we walked to my friends' Svenni and had some coffee and cake there. Him and his finnish partner have got a little baby girl, she's 10 months old and she's lovely. Clearly the centre of her parents universe. After cake we walked into town and watched the gay pride festival. The boys enjoyed it and I think Elijah didn't know what hit him as it was in full swing when he woke up. It was seriously crowded in town and two couples with two prams and a nine year old could not all walk back together so Svenni and co. went home and me, Joanna and the boys walked back to our house. It's great living in town ...!
Saturday night was party time! The band, Menn Ársins, played at Café Aroma in Hafnarfjörður. It felt good getting back behind the bass and playing some good music ... I'm clearly out of practice though because my fingers were still a bit tender the next day. The gig before this one I tried using the fretted bass but switched back to the fretless this time, as it just sounds so much better with this band.
Sunday was spent emptying my dads garage, then refilling it with even more stuff. Our house is now becoming liveable in but my dads garage is bursting at the seams, it is so full. Was going to put together a shed that I bought on Friday evening but it didn't come with any assembly instructions so I will have another attempt one of these evenings, now that I've got myself a picture of it fully built.
I learned something new this weekend about naming regulations in Iceland. I mean the fact that we have a three person committee deciding what people can name their children and what not just shows what a nanny state this really is. Anyway, If you are Icelandic and your partner is not and:
a) your child is born in Iceland, it must have at least one Icelandic name within its' name.
b) your child is born abroad, you don't need an Icelandic name at all.
That's all silly in itself, but the silliest guideline is that names must not have more than 31 digits! Where did they get that from!? Why 31!? That's madness!? F*** is it to anyone how many digits my childs name has!? Silly ... I'd still have been alright with the name my dad wanted to give me which was Frosti, short for 'Frostaveturinn mikli 1918-1919'. That would then translate as Frosty, short for The Great Frosty Winter of 1918-1919.' Only just made it in english with 31 digits ... I wonder if you can use dashes and numbers ... do the dashes count as digits? ... Do you count the spaces ...? If I'd have known this sooner, Elijahs name would have had 32 digits in it ... I wonder if their computer freezes anytime they input more than 31 digits in the name field?
Tóti


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home