And then I saw her face ... now I'm a believer ...
Well, I failed. I didn't write any blog entries over the weekend, as you can all see. I suppose it's no biggy. I just realised that these two days I have with my family are so precious so I think I will continue to write these during the week and then have a break over the weekend. I'm sure the format will change again once we've moved to England although I fully intend to keep writing.
Saturday was great! I became a classroom assistant in Joannas Saturday school and had a great time. She's got seven kids, including Jolyon, that she's teaching and the theme is music ... I'm right at home there. I played guitar and sang and got the kids to play music games. The most popular one was a game that Jolyon invented the night before where I would play music and they would try and guess what song it was, what film it was from etc. It was great fun.
I've been writing these entries for about two months now. It has helped me immensly in becoming a better person. If you read back the negative diary entries become fewer and further between them as time goes on and you can actually see me settling into a mundane, but happier, way of life. It has helped me come to terms with moving back to England, away from family and friends. But now, it's time to take on the next level. Because although it has helped me become a better person for myself (notice the constant use of me, me, me in these sentences) I have only minimally transferred that to becoming a better person for those around me. That's my next mission. I think it's a natural course, first you learn to like yourself and then you can spread the love ... just like rasberry jam on a piece of toast ... So now I hope to be a better husband, father, friend etc. etc. ... and not just better, but much, much better! We'll see ...
Running went good last week. Last run on Saturday I realised that I was running too slow and I could run faster than that and still remain within the programme, so I did, and then instead of doing a few pushups and a few situps I did 3x10 stumach crunches, 3x10 reverse crunches and 3x10 pushups ... after the full run ... it was great but boooooyyy did I suffer for it on Sunday. I've not complained, like, but my muscles are still aching. Joanna has got into her fitness stuff again as we bought some weights and stuff but unfortunately, although her leg has almost fully recoverred, she and Elijah have got nasty coughs and colds. It's just one thing after another for those two ... This weeks running should be fun as the last one is a 20 minute run with no break ... ha, ha, ha, we'll see how that one goes. I'm thinking of sticking a fourth day of running in the week but don't tell Joanna ;-) It'll be a variation of a Fartlek training programme (I don't know what that means either, but it's recommended ... :-/). Maybe not till I've finished this programme, eh ... I'm half way through once I've done my second run this week!
So, returning after this weekend a better man ... I'm now signing off until tomorrow ...
Saturday was great! I became a classroom assistant in Joannas Saturday school and had a great time. She's got seven kids, including Jolyon, that she's teaching and the theme is music ... I'm right at home there. I played guitar and sang and got the kids to play music games. The most popular one was a game that Jolyon invented the night before where I would play music and they would try and guess what song it was, what film it was from etc. It was great fun.
I've been writing these entries for about two months now. It has helped me immensly in becoming a better person. If you read back the negative diary entries become fewer and further between them as time goes on and you can actually see me settling into a mundane, but happier, way of life. It has helped me come to terms with moving back to England, away from family and friends. But now, it's time to take on the next level. Because although it has helped me become a better person for myself (notice the constant use of me, me, me in these sentences) I have only minimally transferred that to becoming a better person for those around me. That's my next mission. I think it's a natural course, first you learn to like yourself and then you can spread the love ... just like rasberry jam on a piece of toast ... So now I hope to be a better husband, father, friend etc. etc. ... and not just better, but much, much better! We'll see ...
Running went good last week. Last run on Saturday I realised that I was running too slow and I could run faster than that and still remain within the programme, so I did, and then instead of doing a few pushups and a few situps I did 3x10 stumach crunches, 3x10 reverse crunches and 3x10 pushups ... after the full run ... it was great but boooooyyy did I suffer for it on Sunday. I've not complained, like, but my muscles are still aching. Joanna has got into her fitness stuff again as we bought some weights and stuff but unfortunately, although her leg has almost fully recoverred, she and Elijah have got nasty coughs and colds. It's just one thing after another for those two ... This weeks running should be fun as the last one is a 20 minute run with no break ... ha, ha, ha, we'll see how that one goes. I'm thinking of sticking a fourth day of running in the week but don't tell Joanna ;-) It'll be a variation of a Fartlek training programme (I don't know what that means either, but it's recommended ... :-/). Maybe not till I've finished this programme, eh ... I'm half way through once I've done my second run this week!
So, returning after this weekend a better man ... I'm now signing off until tomorrow ...


1 Comments:
..you have got no chance of running 4 times this week toti freysson..especially when i don't have a life :-) xx
ps and you can stop that obsessive bit too...xx
Post a Comment
<< Home