Irregular blogging for a couple of months at least!
Yesterday was another step towards leaving Iceland. After work, school and daycare we all moved in to amma Kristíns and afi Freyrs' house where we will live until Sunday, when we leave the country. Amma K and Afi F looked after the boys in the evening whilst me and Joanna went to our house to pack up stuff that we didn't want in storage and Joanna is there again this morning.
I drove to the airport to pick up our removal men last night. Their flight was delayed so we didn't get back to Reykjavík until 2am this morning. That is why this blog won't make much sense ... ha, ha ... no, the old musician is quite used to late finishes and early starts! Just waiting for them to get themselves sorted and start packing really, might phone them in a bit ...
Boys enjoyed being at my parents last night, Jolyon couldn't wait to get rid of us so he could have a cheeky night. Then he was so tired this morning after all his partying. A good day all round and we intend to enjoy this week as much as we can before we go.
One last thing! As I had some annual leave left I am taking it this week. That means that today is my last day at work! That feels a bit weird ... especially as I've not told anyone at work yet ... just plan to bring a cake in this afternoon. This of course means that blogs will become rather irregular for a while again. I will try to blog from my parents but we'll be very busy packing and stuff so I make no promises. Then when we're in England the blogs will be quite irregular as well so for a while now, maybe a couple of months ... I can only keep you updated as and when I get a quiet moment with the computer. Sorry about that folks, just part of the change I guess. Hopefully, once we get our own house, the blogging will get back into a regular routine, although it is unlikely to be as frequent as it has been .. so until next time ...
adios, amigos
I drove to the airport to pick up our removal men last night. Their flight was delayed so we didn't get back to Reykjavík until 2am this morning. That is why this blog won't make much sense ... ha, ha ... no, the old musician is quite used to late finishes and early starts! Just waiting for them to get themselves sorted and start packing really, might phone them in a bit ...
Boys enjoyed being at my parents last night, Jolyon couldn't wait to get rid of us so he could have a cheeky night. Then he was so tired this morning after all his partying. A good day all round and we intend to enjoy this week as much as we can before we go.
One last thing! As I had some annual leave left I am taking it this week. That means that today is my last day at work! That feels a bit weird ... especially as I've not told anyone at work yet ... just plan to bring a cake in this afternoon. This of course means that blogs will become rather irregular for a while again. I will try to blog from my parents but we'll be very busy packing and stuff so I make no promises. Then when we're in England the blogs will be quite irregular as well so for a while now, maybe a couple of months ... I can only keep you updated as and when I get a quiet moment with the computer. Sorry about that folks, just part of the change I guess. Hopefully, once we get our own house, the blogging will get back into a regular routine, although it is unlikely to be as frequent as it has been .. so until next time ...
adios, amigos


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home