The International and Multicultural Men of the Year!
Had a good meeting with the band last night. The plan was to rehearse but due to lack of facilities we held a meeting in a nice, cozy cafe ... those chocolate cakes were tempting ... but I didn't have one. In it we set a schedule for the next few months. I didn't feel I could take full part as I am a departing member of the group but it was important to be there.
The idea is to make a video. The video won't include any members of the band but will be filmed in Paris by a professional staff team of 20 people including actors, sound engineers, camera people, grips etc. How this is fananced depends largely on some funding issues that should come to light later today. I won't be taking any part in the direct cost of the making of this video but the ideas around it sound really cool.
The band have also asked me to record my bits for the forthcoming album before I depart to England. I am more than pleased to do so and the recording will most likely take part in December, just before I go. I confirmed with the band our date of leaving Iceland. The album was initially supposed to come out before Christmas but due to various other commitments and time schedules within the group it doesn't look like that's going to happen so it probably won't be released until after I have left. It will be nice though to have something like that to remember playing with the band ... or more to the point to proove that I was allowed to play with the band. I am humbled every day to think about it.
In preperation for these recordings we are doing a major rehearsal session. We have got a summerhouse an hour from Reykjavík where we will be going in a few weeks time on a Friday to rehearse well into the night (there's not a house in sight anywhere near) and then get up early in the morning to rehearse some more before leaving around lunchtime. It should be good fun and it means that we can nail these songs. It probably also means that we will bond even more which will make it harder to have to leave ...
I am currently busy filling in one of the longest job application forms that I have ever done ... but I really want the job so it's all worth it.
Elijahs dual citizenship is confirmed and Jolyons residence permit issues, and hence Joannas residence permit issues, are on the verge of being solved. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about Joannas nursing registration. No new news there as of yet. Despite moving back to England we are, just on principal, still challenging the verdict of her registration not being recognised. We have alot of support and help here in doing this but at the end of the day things like this are unfortunately very much out of ones hands.
Jolyon still struggling at school and clearly not happy and although his work at school is going much better, the social aspect is hard. I had a long chat with his principal yesterday and some bullying issues have arisen again (he really didn't need that to happen after all the bullying in Garður). The principal is hopeful that this has been resolved but I am due to speak to her later today to see how the day went ... fingers crossed ... poor little man, being back in England will be much better for him and for Joanna because of her employment issues. I would also rather see Elijah at school in England now, after my experiences here in Iceland. I think English schools will be much better suited to get the best out of the two boys. It's worth moving back just for that.
So, on that dark note, after an otherwise fairly positive entry, I leave you ...
The idea is to make a video. The video won't include any members of the band but will be filmed in Paris by a professional staff team of 20 people including actors, sound engineers, camera people, grips etc. How this is fananced depends largely on some funding issues that should come to light later today. I won't be taking any part in the direct cost of the making of this video but the ideas around it sound really cool.
The band have also asked me to record my bits for the forthcoming album before I depart to England. I am more than pleased to do so and the recording will most likely take part in December, just before I go. I confirmed with the band our date of leaving Iceland. The album was initially supposed to come out before Christmas but due to various other commitments and time schedules within the group it doesn't look like that's going to happen so it probably won't be released until after I have left. It will be nice though to have something like that to remember playing with the band ... or more to the point to proove that I was allowed to play with the band. I am humbled every day to think about it.
In preperation for these recordings we are doing a major rehearsal session. We have got a summerhouse an hour from Reykjavík where we will be going in a few weeks time on a Friday to rehearse well into the night (there's not a house in sight anywhere near) and then get up early in the morning to rehearse some more before leaving around lunchtime. It should be good fun and it means that we can nail these songs. It probably also means that we will bond even more which will make it harder to have to leave ...
I am currently busy filling in one of the longest job application forms that I have ever done ... but I really want the job so it's all worth it.
Elijahs dual citizenship is confirmed and Jolyons residence permit issues, and hence Joannas residence permit issues, are on the verge of being solved. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about Joannas nursing registration. No new news there as of yet. Despite moving back to England we are, just on principal, still challenging the verdict of her registration not being recognised. We have alot of support and help here in doing this but at the end of the day things like this are unfortunately very much out of ones hands.
Jolyon still struggling at school and clearly not happy and although his work at school is going much better, the social aspect is hard. I had a long chat with his principal yesterday and some bullying issues have arisen again (he really didn't need that to happen after all the bullying in Garður). The principal is hopeful that this has been resolved but I am due to speak to her later today to see how the day went ... fingers crossed ... poor little man, being back in England will be much better for him and for Joanna because of her employment issues. I would also rather see Elijah at school in England now, after my experiences here in Iceland. I think English schools will be much better suited to get the best out of the two boys. It's worth moving back just for that.
So, on that dark note, after an otherwise fairly positive entry, I leave you ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home